Percentage of recycled and unrecycled waste

IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 with answer.

The charts illustrate how recycling is carried out in Eutopia, and the pie charts show the percentage of recycled and unrecycled waste.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

You should write at least 150 words.

recycling is carried out

IELTS Academic Writing Task 1: Sample Answer

The given bar graph outlines the information about the recycling in Eutopia and the pie chart presents information about the recycled and unrecycled wastage in three different years.

As is presented in the bar graph, 78% wastage were collected from home recycle bins in 1980. In this year 12% garbage were taken to recycling stations by individuals. The remaining 10% wastage recycling were carried out by returning them to the manufacturer and in other ways. After 10 years the recycling process in Eutopia remained almost same except that more people took the wastage for recycling to the stations which was 18% of total recycling. This increased recycling steps taken by individuals slightly decreased the other ways of recycling. Finally in 2000, the waste collection from home garbage trashes decreased to 72% and returning to manufacturers or suppliers increased to 8%. Individuals’ contributions to recycling remained same as it was 10 year ago.

The pie chart shows that the recycling percentage of wastage increased significantly over the year. Only 7% recycling was done in 1980 when remaining 93% wastages were unrecycled.  This recycling increased to 22% in 1990 and 33% in 2000.