IELTS Writing Task 2 with sample answer.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Nowadays more and more people have to compete with young people for the same jobs. What problems does this cause? What are some possible solutions?
Identify one or two serious ones and suggest ways that governments and individuals can tackle these problems.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.
You should write at least 250 words.
Sample Answer :
Today, the increasing number of experienced job seekers have to compete with young adults for the same job positions. This phenomenon causes youth unemployment, which in turn impacts society severely. However, in my opinion, the governments and educationists should work hand in hand so as to reform current educational system in order to grapple with the issue.
The growing competition between the older and young adults brings about several crises in society, youth unemployment in particular. The high youth unemployment may contribute to the risk of competencies and talent since a large amount of university graduates are found difficulty to get a job and to put their capabilities and knowledge they have gained into producing innovation and contributing to economic growth. In addition, youth unemployment could also harm the happiness and mental health. Being employed is crucial for young adults so as to feel accepted in the community, thus not having a job can hold them in cultural, economic, and social isolation. Employment anxieties and social exclusion may cause various health problems, like depression. Besides, several studies reveal that youth unemployment is associated with juvenile delinquency and drug abuse as well.
However, in order to curb this issue, governments and educationalists should work together so as to reform current education system. That is to say that the curriculum needs to offer courses that enable students to acquire business acumen and mandatory skills required to successfully manage a position. Besides, employers also can play a paramount role in quelling the problem. They should connect with students earlier by providing apprenticeships and mentors so that these young people could be well-equipped for the job field.
In pithy, the competition seems likely to contribute to the youth unemployment that has a ripple effect through the society. However, governments and educationists should devise new education system squaring with real-world job requirements. Apart from that, employers also should provide adequate internships for students so that they grab the skills associated with professional ambience.
Idea Generation for this essay:
Main topic of the Essay: Comparatively older people have to compete with young people for getting a job. What problems does this cause? What are some possible solutions?
Reasons why older people have to compete more these days with young people to get a job?
- Younger people have better computer skills.
- Younger people can work longer hours and can move easily to different places.
- Younger people can learn new things quickly and can better performs in IT related companies.
What problems does this cause?
- Older people often struggle to get a job where many young candidates compete for the same job.
- Older people lose their loyalty to the company and get frustrated.
- Companies that have majority of young employees often lack the experienced employees.
- Government has to support those older people which requires additional funds.
- Older people requires from their jobs quickly.
What government and individuals can do to tackle these problems.
- Government can impose a ratio of younger and older employees in a company.
- Higher management can encourage the older employees to enhance their technological skills. Proper training facilities can be handy in such cases.
- Individuals, especially senior employees, have to understand the new requirements for the changing demands for IT knowledge. They should focus more on learning computer skills.
- They should built a healthy relationship with young employees.