IELTS Writing Task 2 with sample answer.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
You have been asked to write about the following topic.
It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be.
Give some reasons why this change has happened and suggest how families could be brought closer together.
Include any relevant examples from your experience.
You should write at least 250 words.
Idea Generation for this essay:
- The globalization and city centric life have forced people to move to different cities and even in different countries. Thus more nuclear families have been created. This has caused a loose relationship among family members.
- The old value of tradition and family bonding has lost its appeal and importance nowadays. That’s another reason why more people leave their joint family.
- The population is increasing rapidly in many countries and their share of lands and other properties are reducing as well. This is another reason people prefer leaving in small families.
- The daily expense is so high that everyone is struggling to support their own children and that is why the number of joint family is decreasing.
- The new city life concept has forced many people to have a tight schedule and pressured job life. This has an indirect effect on their relationship with their family members.
- Both working class parents often have very little time for their children. This also loosens their family bonding.
- Teenagers often have to leave their family to stay in the school or college hostel and that is another reason to establish a weak family bonding.
Family is the core institution that glues a group of people together. But today, it seems that families are not as intimate as they were before. That is why, now it becomes the demand of time that we unveil the reasons lie in this unfortunate trend and explore the pragmatic solutions. In my point of view, multifaceted causes are liable for this fate, though there are always have remedies.
First of all, life becomes more complicated. The living standard and its cost have soared significantly. People have no option but increase their income to have better lifestyle. Consequently, they are extremely occupied in earning their daily breads. Even most of the cases, they have not any opportunity for spending their spare time with family members. Secondly, there is a tendency of feeling independent. That is to say, very often people think that they are able to handle all the things. They can fix their problem on their own way. Even when they fail to solve their problem, they lean on their friends instead of their families. As a result, there is less sharing among the family members.
The above discussed problems’ solution can be made through two ways. One effective solution can be organizing get together party and picnic with family. This would bring a change in the daily hectic schedule and at the time it also a fantastic opportunity for personal interaction which results in good family tie. In addition, parents should be lenient and give space for their children to be more expressive. This will impart a strong bond between parents and children. This attitude leads the children to change their mind-set on who to turn to when troubled.
In conclusion, all I want to say that is we should make every effort that ensures a healthy and harmonious family relationship so that we can lead a better sound life. For that, if we employ the steps above outlined will reunite family members, I firmly believe.