Charity located in the USA spent and received in one year

IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 with answer.

The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children’s charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

You should write at least 150 words.

                   REVENUE SOURCES                                                EXPENDITURES childrens charity

IELTS Academic Writing Task 1: Sample Answer

The pie charts presents information about the expenditure and earning of a children’s charity in the United States in a year. This charity organization for children collected over 53 million dollars and after their expenses in the whole year there was only about .3 million dollar surplus.

As is presented in first pie chart, donated foods was the main source of funding for this charity organization. They collected more than 86% of total funding from donated food while the second largest amount (10.4%) came as community contributions. All other earning sources contributed around 3% of total revenue and program revenue contributed to 2.2% of this remaining revenue. Government grant was only .2% of total revenue which was very less compared to other sources of income for this US charity organization.

On the other hand among the expenditure program services cost about 96% of total expenditure. Remaining 4% expenditure were for fundraising and management and general costs.